A light, crustless quiche perfect for a spring breakfast or brunch.
- 10 thin asparagus spears, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 5 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- Oil spray
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F. Pre-heat a pan over medium heat. Add the asparagus and a 1/4 cup of water and cover; cook until tender but still firm and bright green, about 4 minutes. Drain and cool.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs and whisk in the milk, Greek yogurt, parsley, mustard powder, salt and pepper.
- Spray the inside of 4 individual baking dishes or ramekins with the oil spray. Spread the onion, asparagus and goat cheese evenly in the bottom of each dish and pour the egg mixture overtop.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for ~30 minutes or until the middle has set and a toothpick inserted into the centre of each comes out clean.
This recipe can also be made in one round baking dish or pie plate instead of 4 individual portions. Adjust the baking time accordingly.