- 4 medium yellow bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 6 medium yellow tomatoes, halved, cored and seeded
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 375F. Arrange the peppers and tomatoes on a baking sheet, drizzle with 1 tbsp of the olive oil and roast until softened and lightly browned, about 40 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a small pot over medium heat. Add the garlic and shallots and cook until softened but not browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a blender and add the cooked peppers, tomatoes, cucumber and jalapeno. Puree until smooth.
If you can’t find yellow peppers or tomatoes, simply use red ones. If desired, canned diced tomatoes can be used in place of fresh.
This soup can be served cold or hot.